BOOK SALE: INSTRUCTIONS & LINKS
10/14 MORNING UPDATE: All bought titles have now been removed from the lists (rather than struck through) for ease of reading. We're up past 1,000 books sold, but there's still a wealth of excellent material available. We've also dropped the prices in the book set section.
9/23 EVENING UPDATE: Welcome to readers coming here from Neil Gaiman's blog. We're going back to striking through books that aren't available so there's no confusion as to what you can and cannot buy. We're having a ton of orders coming in and will be processing them throughout the day and into tomorrow. (And see my blog entry.) Here’s where we stand as of right now, evening of the 21st, approximately:
1,300+ BOOKS FOR SALE
950 BOOKS SOLD (early adoption and public sale)
350 BOOKS STILL AVAILABLE
Also note this blog entry for stuff just added now, 9/21, at 11am EST
Below this entry, you will find the various sections of our mammoth book sale. Anything sold will be struck through or otherwise noted as "sold".
The individual links are as follows:
ODDITIES & RARITIES
- Unsigned (Mostly Limited) Special Editions
- Signed Editions (some limited)
- Interesting First Editions (not signed or limited)
- Unsigned Chapbooks and Tiny Books
- Unclassifiable Oddities
- Book Sets
- Unusual Mass Market Paperbacks
- Interesting Advance Reading Copies
- Other Stuff We Bring to Your Attention
All sorts of limited, rare, and related books, including stuff I've written intros for, and magazines and anthologies.
COFFEE TABLE BOOKS
An assortment of unusual and diverse art and oversized books. Don't be scared--some of these start at $4.
Some rare items as well as some new ones, from Moore to French and Mignola, and everything in between.
SINGLE AUTHOR COLLECTIONS
As with all of these categories, a mix of genre and mainstream titles.
Mass market editions, mostly from the splendiferous 1970s.
Noir to gentler mysteries, in hc, tp, and mm editions. From Denis Johnson to Laura Lipmann.
A great selection, from all over the world
More made-up goodness, with a few surprises
Pick up a couple of year's bests or a quirky volume on sex and chocolate, depending on your wont.
MASS MARKET PAPERBACKS
Mostly new or almost new, contemporary titles.
You can't get more diverse than a section that include Gary K. Wolfe's Soundings and book about a traveling cat and a book about the Spanish Civil War...
Want to learn about boxing, the Green Zone, or the 1988 elections? Or any of a hundred other subjects? Then check out this list...
This ain't gonna make us any money, but it's an interesting assortment of poetry, fiction, and nonfiction.
Anyone who orders books from us will get various small freebies included from a stack of postcards, bookmarks, figurines, comic books, and other cool stuff. (None of which will affect your shipping cost.)
Anyone who orders more than $40-worth of books can choose a book for free from the One Dollar Book list.
Please note the following:
(1) No orders under $10.
(2) Send us an email (to vanderworld at hotmail.com with a cc to buzzcity at yourvillage.com) with the list of books you want to order, to make sure they are still available. (We operate on a first-come, first-served basis.)
(3) Shipping and handling fees will be estimated once we know what books you want to order. We will ship anywhere in the world, via the US Post Office (media rate, first class, or priority). Please include your snail mail addy with your order, and, if in the US, whether you want something other than media rate.
(4) Payment can be by check, M.O. or Paypal. Once we confirm your order, we will provide shipping options and costs, as well as additional payment information.
In addition to what’s being offered on the book lists, we are offering the following specials (while supplies last):
Leena Krohn’s amazing novel Tainaron in a gorgeous hardcover, for only $10.
My collection Secret Life Redux, in trade paperback, for only $10.
IF YOU ORDER MORE THAN $50-worth of books, you can also order either of these two books for only $6 each.
Thanks! We want all of these books to go to good homes!
Jeff & Ann